I. Tips to help make your card usage a great experience
• Up to 30 days to receive your card.
• Sign your Card on the signature panel on the back of the Card using a dry ink pen.
• Keep your Card away from water, heat, magnetic fields such as mobile phones, and take care not to bend it.
• For your convenience, your Card may be automatically renewed unless you advise us in writing, to the contrary, at least one month prior to its expiry date. Once the Card is renewed, fees are not refundable.
• You can upload money to your card anytime and withdrawals are processed once per week.
II. Security Tips
• Do not store your card and PIN together in the same place nor in obvious places such as mobile phones. Also never divulge your Card PIN to anyone.
• Do not use your prepaid card for telephone order or mail order transactions.
• Never let your Card out of sight. Always insist that merchants swipe your card on a POS (point-of-sale) machine in your presence.
• When you intend to travel, we recommend that you contact our Call Center to advise you about high fraud risk countries.
• Call our Call Center immediately if you suspect any transaction on your Card or if your card is lost or stolen.
• Our SMS notification service helps you detect any unauthorized activity on your Card.
• Transaction Limit is the maximum amount you can pay with your Card in a single transaction.
• Cash Limit is the maximum amount of cash that you can obtain using your Card in one day.
• Cash Transactions is the number of cash transactions that you can make in one day.
IV. Fees and Charges
• The card management fee is charged when the Card is first issued and every year thereafter.
• Purchases made by use of the Card are free of any transaction fees.
• Cash withdrawal transactions performed on Bankmed ATMs are free of transaction fees.
• Cash withdrawal transactions performed on ATMs are subject to a:
i. -$7 / €7 / or 2% of transaction amount (whichever is greater) for Travel, Income, & Gift cards
ii. -$7 or €7 (depends on card currency) for Money Transfer cards.
• Balance inquiry transactions on non-Bankmed ATMs are subject to a $0.50 transaction fee.
• Failed attempt for purchase or cash withdrawal due to insufficient Card balance is subject to a $0.50 fee.
• SMS transaction notification service is subject to a $1 monthly fee.
• On request statement of account is subject to a $3 fee.
• Account replacement is subject to a $5 fee.
• Expired cards with credit balances are subject to a $5 monthly maintenance fee or, upon request, to a $10 balance refund fee.
• 35$ One time fee when you request your card.
V. Card Activation Procedure at an ATM
For security reasons, your Card is NOT ACTIVE and cannot be used until you:
• Call the number at the back of your card to activate it.